Full Stack Ruby On Rails
I don't give answers, I teach how to find them.
What can I do?
- Lead your team
- I pair with your developers to guide them aquiring new skills relevant to your business
- Your technical guide
- Got a new idea an need someone to guide you on the technical side
- Setup best practices
- Configure your stack to automatically enforce best practices
- Refactor smelly code
- Got code no-one dares to approach?
- Upgrade your development process
- Agile is good but there's better
- Implement DevOps
- Allow your teams to deliver faster
My preferred stack
No bullshit, one stack, one man army
Ruby On Rails
The most productive framework, enables small teams to deliver applications fast.
Does it scale ? I guess so, it's used by Github, Shopify, Airbnb, Bloomberg, ZenDesk, Groupon, Twitch.
Battle tested open source database, great managing tools, many hosted options.
Want to store documents ? Add a json column to your table 🤯
Want to store timeseries ? Use Timescale
Utility-first CSS framework
I've never been able to remember CSS properties and possible values but I can easily remember tailwindcss utility classes.
Turbolinks & StimulusJs
Why would you use React to build a form ?
Why maintaining two applications (back and front) ?
- Elasticsearch need to search really fast and your database cannot manage the load ?
- Docker the way to build immutable application container
- Git how is that possible to manage source code without it?
- Heroku easiest way, no brainer, to deploy a web application
- MySQL another great SQL store
- Mongodb the document store, so easy to start with, so hard to scale
- Rancher manage kubernetes clusters
- Redis as a job queue or application cache store
- Rspec is a good testing tool
- Terraform infa as code
- Vagrant fastest way to spin up virtual machine
- Vuejs if I have no option but to use a frontend framework I would choose vuejs
Agile and experimenting with ShapeUp
I learned Agile methodology back in 2008 during an intership in Netherlands. It was awesome to see a pluridisiplinary team working together to create a new folding machine.
Agile was such a great way to manage the project, I found it incredible. Sadly all the other usage I've seen were broken.
There is a new refreshing methodology comming from Basecamp, it is ShapeUp. Whant to know more? need guidance to implement it with your team?
I'm an eternal student
The art of postgresql
What I am exploring now
Mastering Object oriented, architecture decision records
What I explored
TDD, Ruby, RubyOnRails, Tailwindcss, RefactoringUI, Agile, Xp, REQB, CFTL
ShapeUp, Demand-side sales
A bit of history
I am an embedded software developer turned web application lead
Once upon a time
I've always been told that I dismantled everything when I was a child. I wanted to understand how it worked. I ended up with and electronic board full of mysterious things looking like centipede. Too be continued...